Okay, I’ve completed over 24 hours of the negative thought fast. Here’s what I've learned from doing it consciously:
• I’ve prayed wherever I started to worry or engage a negative thought. It worked! I’ve been very concerned about my son, who is really ill right now. Instead of stewing about his health, I’ve prayed for him every time I was tempted to worry about him. What a better use of my energy.
• I’ve turned off music and television wherever anything negative appeared, including commercials. I feel much more peaceful.
• I’ve spent more time pondering the scriptures. Oh, it feels so good.
• I’ve called a friend whose husband has cancer. We had a wonderful visit. I feel more compassionate today.
• I have been very selective about anything I’ve read online or in print.
• I’ve thought more about God and have been more grateful for His blessings.
• I’ve listened to some uplifting talks on CD. Oh, it’s been like heaven. I need to do this more.
• I’ve listened to some beautiful music.
• I’ve felt happier and calmer.
• I had a wonderful day.
• I slept peacefully last night, and I tend to have sleep issues.
Did you try the negative thought fast? Any comments?
© Carol Brown