The light and life of the world, Jesus Christ conquered death and hell because of His infinite sacrifice. He gave His life for us that we may overcome sin through his grace and that we may live forever with Him if we choose to follow Him.
As we ponder this joyful news, we can celebrate the peace that His life provides:
• We remember before His birth, Isaiah proclaimed the Savior as the Prince of Peace.
• We recall that angels announced peace and good will towards men at His birth.
• We know that He before His death, He promised His disciples, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”
• We know Isaiah said, “You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You,because he trusts in You.”
How do we experience peace in a world filled with trouble and tribulation?
• We believe that Jesus lives and loves us.
• We remember that He has the power to comfort and sustain us.
• We give Him our sorrows, pain, grief, and let Him strengthen us.
• We trust in Him and focus our hearts on Him, knowing He waits to hear our prayers, enfold us in the arms of His love and in His perfect peace.
As we seek to follow in His footsteps, we experience peace by learning of Him, living as He lived, and loving as He loved. As we become more patient, kind, forgiving, merciful, and generous, we discover that He showed us way to find peace. We discover that He is the Life of peace and the Light of peace. He is our peace. He is peace.
I feel peace when I remember Jesus:
• loved me enough to die for me.
• always waits to bless and help me.
• wants me to live with Him forever.
• prepared a way so that I can follow Him if I choose.
With Paul, I rejoice, "Thanks be to God for His unspeakable gift."
© Carol Brown