Friday, April 23, 2010

My Week

This week has been a bit difficult. The following are a few situations that have caused stress:

• My husband had surgery on his foot, and he’s not following doctor’s orders very well (about not walking much for 3 days). He was climbing a ladder this morning to repair a clogged drain on the roof and is back to work already.

• I burned my finger badly when I dropped a casserole from the oven into the oven door and floor, making a terrible mess in the process. (I had made the dish for a dear friend who is very ill.)

• A family member is going through a difficult divorce and needed my help at a busy time.

• I learned some very disturbing information about a family member that I dearly love.

• I have not felt well.

I know you have weeks that are just as difficult—if not more so. Fortunately, I have not allowed my sorrow to destroy my peace of mind. I’ve focused on serving others, especially my neighbors and grandchildren, remembered to count my many blessings, and have focused my thoughts on God’s loving kindness and his goodness.

I love this quote by Mother Teresa: "Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We only have today. Let us begin."

Thanks for reading this blog. Your comments always bring me peace. May you find joy in the journey as you face the challenges, joys and sorrows of life.


© Carol Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I learn so much from the things you write.