Saturday, December 31, 2011
God wants us to know Him and trust in Him. He wants us to be happy. As we still our minds and trust in Him, He fills our hearts with peace.
Consider what the Bible says about knowing God:
• Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments.
• Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
• Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
• Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
• My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ.
• Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.
• But if anyone obeys his word, love for God is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him.
• Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.
With Job, I testify that I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end He will stand upon the earth.