Thursday, March 19, 2009

I Know that My Redeemer Lives

There are a lot of things that I don't understand. I don't understand why little children are abused, go hungry, and die. I don't understand why some really bad people live with fame, fortune and ease while some really good people suffer every day of their lives. I don't understand why some people die peacefully in their sleep while others languish in nursing homes for years. I don't understand why some mentally ill lose their agency, why some people become so quickly addicted to food,drugs, alcohol while others do not. I don't understand why bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people.

I don't understand why some children are born with horrific birth defects, learning, emotional and psychological struggles, or other disabilities. I don't understand why some people suffer unspeakable pain because of illness, rejection, poverty, natural disaster, and crime. I do not understand why some people can be so cruel and others can be so kind.

But I do know one thing: that God lives and that Jesus Christ is my Savior. I know that He knows the meaning of all things even though we do not. When I seek for His help, He silences my fears, calms my troubled heart, and blesses me with His love. Even when I do not understand the meaning of all things, I know that My Redeemer loves, and when I trust in Him even when trust is difficult, I find peace amid sorrow.




How has the Savior brought you peace in times of sorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I learn so much from the things you write.