Sunday, April 5, 2009

Seek after Peace

I have misplaced some of my treasured Easter decorations. Although I have searched through closets, storage rooms, and cupboards, I can't find them anywhere. I'll keep hunting for them until I find them. I am a determined woman!

All of us want to enjoy peace, but are we willing to seek after it? David wrote, "Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.." So how do we seek peace? Do we search for it like we would hunt for a misplaced treasure?

David says we should depart from evil. The media that we select, the places we frequent, and the good choices we make help us depart from evil. Joshua proclaimed that he and his house would serve the Lord. That is a decision each of us must make if we are to seek after peace.

David challenged us to do good. My life is more peaceful when I do good and serve others. Some of my happiest times have been serving my family, friends, and neighbors. Jesus said, "Love ye your enemies, and do good, and your reward shall be great." What greater reward can we receive right now than peace?

Isaiah testified that God will keep us in perfect peace, when we stay our minds on God and trust in Him. Now, that is a promise! When we read the Scriptures, reflect on the life of our Savior, and trust in His loving kindness, we seek peace. When we center our thoughts on Christ, remember His teachings, and try to become like Him, we experience peace.
© Carol Brown

Today, let us seek peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I learn so much from the things you write.