Monday, August 10, 2009

Counting Blessings

I read about someone who celebrates his birthday by writing down the number of blessings for each year of his life. We don't need to wait for our birthdays to write down specific things we appreciate. A daily dose of gratitude is good for anyone.

It's not my birthday, but here goes:

air conditioning
my awesome husband
freedom of speech
my amazing grandchildren
good vision
fresh cherries
comments on my blog
phone calls from friends today
my four precious children and their wonderful spouses
hot showers
freedom of religion
green grass
toothpaste
hair dye
hair
the public library
cumulus clouds
meditation
the Bible
good books
air freshener
wildflowers
prayer
the love of God
good neighbors
mountain views
my laptop computer
clean sheets
hugs
homemade soup
sincere complements
a good roof
the smell of lilacs, roses, or lilies
a slice of warm homemade bread
kind words
mountains meadows
hummingbirds
invitations to lunch
memories of Maui
fireworks on the Fourth of July
my mom (who passed away 10 years ago)
my dad (who died 42 years ago)
thank you notes
inspirational hymns
fresh air
sunshine
summer storms
roasting marshmallows over a campfire
ocean breezes
barbecues
refrigeration
newborn babies
the laughter of a child
towels
anonymous service
every one of you who reads this blog
my extended family
the comfort of faith in Jesus Christ
the power of hope
the joy of pure love

What a list for someone who is turning 29 (again)this year!

What are some of your favorite things?

© Carol Brown

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful idea! I just discovered your blog and this post and want to thank you for sharing and for your personal list of blessings, I agree with every single one! (well except the 4 kids, I only have 2 but feel they are so precious too!) I have added your blog to my favorites list because I can already tell its one I want to visit again and again! Blessings to you and yours =o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I learn so much from the things you write.