Sunday, June 21, 2009

Confronting the Enemy

We are in a war, my friends. A war against evil. The enemy, Satan, uses every tactic imaginable to destroy our peace. Here are a few weapons God has given us to defeat him.

Satan says, "You are worthless." God says, "I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High."

Satan says, "No one loves you." God says, "Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not."

Satan says, "Life is too hard. Give up." God says, "[You] can do all things through Christ which strengthens[you]."

Satan says, "No one understands you." God says, "Surely Christ]hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows."

Satan says, "You can never be forgiven." God says, "Come now, and let us reason together: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow."

Satan says, "God has forgotten you." God says, "Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me."

Satan says, "You're all alone." God says, "Even to your old age, I am He, and even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; Even I will carry, and will deliver you."

God has given us power to defeat the enemy. The Word, even Jesus Christ, is more powerful that any evil we may face. And his word as recorded in scripture provides us with the tools to confront and overcome Satan. As we feast upon His perfect love for us, we can face the Devourer with confidence, knowing that with God, all things are possible.

© Carol Brown

1 comment:

  1. Your words comfort me today. I get edgy at church sometimes and feel invisible in a very large congregation. I know that much of what I feel is due to what Satan tries to make me believe, but sometimes I really need the reminder. Thank you for your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I learn so much from the things you write.